I have been a homeowner and resident of the amazing Venice Community going on 13 years and love it dearly. I have seen it go through many changes but nothing like the change it has been experiencing in the last 3 years. We need to pull this community back together, clean it up, make it safe once again and have the L.A. City Council respect our collective voices. And we need laws to be enforced once again. Being a Venice resident has always meant being a good citizen of the community and caring about and protecting our beautiful ocean and beach. If elected I will do whatever is within my power to do so and bring that back, working with and all of you and with others on the council. I will also work to balance our budget. There's no place like Venice!!
If elected I will bring a voice of reason and fairness in all the positions I will be asked to take on matters brought before the council. I am very open, honest and skilled in using common sense to resolve matters. I am a huge environmentalist and believe in protecting open space and the enjoyment of it for all. I put my money where my mouth is and always lead by example which is what I have been doing in my immediate surroundings and in my neighborhood in East Venice.
I believe in intelligent ideas, thought out solutions with input from stakeholders, am against special interests, over development,
and I believe above all in being a great community member. I want to get the homeless off of the beach and into affordable and sustainably built shelters which don’t cost astronomical sums only to house very few people or people who don’t want to help themselves nor abide by any of our laws. It is not acceptable to disproportionately over-burden our Venice community with costly shelters and to place them just blocks from the beach which is this community’s and all Angelenos gateway to the enjoyment of our coast. We need to clean up the filth and disrespect by all who inflict that on our community. That includes the disrespect from certain developers and what that impact is on the immediate neighbors and our community and green space. We need to reward good people and good citizenship in the community.
We as Venetians know better than anybody what our needs are and I will make sure we take these concerns brought up by our community stakeholders to City Council. We are a unique and diverse community of all types of beautiful people and we need to support each other. It’s time as a whole to take pride in Venice and defend it from bad policies from city leaders and defend it when it gets attacked by people who don’t care about it. It’s time to enforce the laws and end the lawlessness. It may even be time to talk again about incorporating ourselves so that we may better serve our beautiful, beloved but forgotten about Venice.
- Worked as a field operator on the ‘Turn Arizona Blue’ campaign and extensively in New Mexico for the John Kerry for president campaign in 2004.
- Served as Surfrider West LA’s/Malibu’s Vice-Chair and Volunteer Coordinator from 2008-2010.
- Served and volunteered as a Fall-Fellow on the 2012 Obama Biden campaign working to train new volunteers to achieve victory for the campaign. Was 1 of only 3 people in the California boiler-room for the 3 days of get out the vote and in
charge of phone-bank centers across Los Angeles and 15 other states across the nation.
- Founded the One Love Unified t-shirt company named to promote a positive message of inclusion and peace for all humans and our animal brothers and sisters on this planet. Donated 10% of all profits to organizations promoting that message and who protect our environment such as NRDC and WWF.
- Spoke before the Malibu City Council to end the use of single use plastic bags which became the city’s policy.
- Created the ‘Clean Your Space’ campaign which will eliminate thousands of pounds of harmful debris from entering our waterways and ocean and I hope to implement this here in Venice Beach someday soon.
I will work hard with diligence and integrity as your Venice Neighborhood Council’s Treasurer and make sure that our funds go as far as possible furthering our needs in this great community.
Do you like this page?